We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
If you're looking for a napoleon dessert that's full of chocolatey goodness, then our Chocolate Napoleons are perfect for you! We've got decadent layers of chocolate pudding spread across delicious flaky pastries. It's the perfect combination of texture and taste to satisfy that sweet treat craving you've had all day!
What You'll Need
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (from a 17-ounce box), thawed
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pastry sheets according to package directions; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk; whisk until thickened, then fold in whipped topping. Spread over 1 sheet of pastry. Place second pastry sheet flat side up over pudding. Using a baking sheet, press down over top to evenly distribute pudding and to flatten pastry, just until filling begins to ooze out the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and remaining 1/4 cup milk until a smooth icing is formed. Reserve 2 tablespoons of icing and set aside.
- Pour remaining icing over top of pastry and spread to the edges. Stir cocoa powder into reserved icing until well blended. Spoon mixture into a resealable plastic bag and using scissors, snip off one corner of bag. Drizzle glaze in 12 lines lengthwise over icing. Gently drag a butter knife through the lines to create a swirled effect. (See photo.) Chill at least 4 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- If you love our napoleon dessert, try out our delicious Lemon Napoleons or this yummy Napoleon Trifle!
- If you're looking to impress at your next get-together make sure to whip up our 8 Layer Pistachio Squares!
- Need to satisfy that chocolate craving? Then you have to taste our easy Slow Cooker Brownies!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!