We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Puttanesca is probably the most Italian of all sauces, since every ingredient is a Mediterranean native. (So is the taste!)
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (2-ounce) cans anchovies, packed in oil, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 2 (2 ¼-ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 30 more minutes, allowing the flavors to "marry", stirring occasionally.
Makes about 7 cups.
- Since this recipe makes so much sauce, make sure to place any leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. It should last that way for up to a week, but for longer storage, freeze until ready to use.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!