Rosebud's Farfalle alla Vodka
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe comes from one of Mr. Food's favorite Chicago restaurants. It's a true Italian specialty and, when you can't get to Chicago for the original, our easy version will be showing up on your table at home.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 to 2 minutes, just until browned. Add vodka and tomatoes with their juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to its cooking pot then cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to tomato mixture and stir until thoroughly combined and the cheese is melted.
- Pour over pasta and stir until combined, rewarming over low heat, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Mascarpone cheese is a soft, sweet Italian cheese, similar in consistency to cream cheese. You can find it with the imported cheese in the deli department of your supermarket.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 663
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 14g 29 %
- Cholesterol 28mg 9 %
- Sodium 829mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 74g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.0g 28 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!