Best Blackberry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you slice into this double-crusted pie, you'll find a whole lot of fresh berry goodness waiting inside. It's so pretty and delicious that it might be hard to resist eating straight from the pan. That's why we named it Best Blackberry Pie, because we almost ate it with our hands!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 1 pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into place.
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups sugar and the flour. Add blackberries and stir until evenly coated. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Top with butter. Place remaining crust over blackberry mixture and flute edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush top of pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 439
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 44mg 15 %
- Sodium 456mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g 20 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.