Lemon Meringue Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
An all-time favorite, our Lemon Meringue Pie recipe tastes like a sweet and tangy slice of heaven. You'll love the yummy meringue topping!
What You'll Need
- 1 folded, refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
What to Do
- Unfold pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate, then flute if desired. Bake pie shell according to package directions; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and salt; mix well. Gradually whisk in water and milk, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture comes to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup milk mixture then whisk yolk mixture back into saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and lemon juice. Pour filling into pie shell; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, with an electric beater, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form, making meringue.
- Spread meringue over top of pie filling, sealing to edge of crust. Using a spatula or back of a tablespoon, form peaks in meringue, and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool then slice and serve.
If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
If you loved this lemon dessert, be sure to check out our collection of Lovely Lemon Dessert Recipes: 18 Easy Lemon Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!