Deep Dish Blueberry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing better than digging your fork into a pie and realizing that you've still got more to dig into! Our Deep Dish Blueberry Pie is a blueberry-lovers dream. Not only is it an easy blueberry pie recipe, but it's LOADED with fresh blueberries (and one very special secret ingredient!).
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 (15-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss together sugar, tapioca, blueberries, and orange juice.
- Unroll 1 pie crust on a well-floured surface. Fit over bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Spoon blueberry filling into crust and place second pie crust on top of filling. Pinch edges together to form a tight seal and decorative trim. With a knife, cut 5 or 6 small slits into crust. Brush pie with egg and milk wash.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until blueberry filling is bubbly and the crust is golden. Let cool before serving.
- Wanna make your own crust? No problem! Just follow our easy recipe!
- Serve a great big slice of this golden-crusted, bubblin' blueberry pie, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra "Wow!"
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 468
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 89g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 53g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.