Deep Dish Blueberry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing better than digging your fork into a pie and realizing that you've still got more to dig into! Our Deep Dish Blueberry Pie is a blueberry-lovers dream. Not only is it an easy blueberry pie recipe, but it's LOADED with fresh blueberries (and one very special secret ingredient!).
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 (15-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss together sugar, tapioca, blueberries, and orange juice.
- Unroll 1 pie crust on a well-floured surface. Fit over bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Spoon blueberry filling into crust and place second pie crust on top of filling. Pinch edges together to form a tight seal and decorative trim. With a knife, cut 5 or 6 small slits into crust. Brush pie with egg and milk wash.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until blueberry filling is bubbly and the crust is golden. Let cool before serving.
- Wanna make your own crust? No problem! Just follow our easy recipe!
- Serve a great big slice of this golden-crusted, bubblin' blueberry pie, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra "Wow!"
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 468
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 89g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 53g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!