Classic Deep Dish Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apple pie is an American institution and, with just one taste of our Classic Deep Dish Apple Pie recipe, you'll know why. Using a prepared deep-dish pie crust takes away all the hassle, so why not mix this one up and easily enjoy all the applause?!
What You'll Need
- 5 to 6 Northern Spy, Cortland, or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour; mix well. Place one pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Pour apple mixture into crust, top with butter, then place remaining crust over apples. Trim and pinch edges together, fluting if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce over temperature to 350 degrees and bake 35 to 40 more minutes, or until crust is golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 461
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 6.0g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.2g 2 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 273mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 89g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)