Chocolate Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've heard that chocolate cream pie is one of the favorite pies in this country, next to apple and pumpkin. It might become the #1 favorite when this recipe gets around!
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake deep-dish pie shell
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (.25 ounces) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What to Do
Bake pie shell according to package directions. In a medium-sized bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; mix well.
In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water and beat with a fork until completely dissolved. Add to pudding mixture; mix well. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate 2 hours or until pie is firm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream and sugar 2 to 4 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over firm pie. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Heavy cream whips up best if made in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters. So if you can, put the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for about a half-hour before whipping.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 512
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 81 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.9g 16 %
- Cholesterol 60mg 20 %
- Sodium 555mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 23g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.