We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, Pizza Margherita is not named after the drink. It's actually a classic traditional Italian pizza recipe with fresh mozzarella that your whole gang will want to make part of their own tradition.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, patted dry and sliced 1/8-inch thick
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Using your fingertips or the heels of your hands, spread dough to cover bottom of prepared pan. Push dough out to edge of pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over dough then top with mozzarella slices.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Slice and serve.
For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!