School Lunch Square Pizza
This school pizza recipe will take you on a tasty trip back in time!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you remember eating square pizza for lunch when you were back in school? We do! We're bringing back those memories one slice at a time with our recipe for School Lunch Square Pizza. Our version has a super crispy crust with lots of cheesy yumminess!
Another thing we love about this school lunch pizza recipe is that it's easy to make and family friendly. Bakery dough makes this meal easy enough to whip up on any weeknight. You'll be happy that it was so easy to prep and cook, and your family will love the novelty of this throwback school pizza!
If you want to get really nostalgic, you could serve it with a cup of milk and some mixed fruit, but we understand if you want to switch things up. A nice side salad or cooked veggie would be a geat way to round out this delightful meal.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound bakery pizza or bread dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup pepperoni slices
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Brush half the mixture on a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Roll out dough into a rectangular shape and place on baking sheet, pressing with fingers to fit edge of pan. Brush dough evenly with remaining oil mixture. Prick dough about 20 times with fork.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until crust begins to brown on bottom. Remove from oven. Spread evenly with pizza sauce, sprinkle with cheese, and top with pepperoni slices. Return to oven and bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- Hungry for more? We've got even more school lunch recipes from our Cafeteria Week below!
- Feel free to use refrigerated pizza dough instead of bakery dough.
- Wanna venture into the world of dessert pizza? We bet you'll love our World's Easiest Dessert Pizza!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 284
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 11g 23 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 769mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!