Roast Pork Lettuce Wraps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You've never had lettuce wraps like these before! Between the slow roasted pork, the flavorful veggie mixture, and the out-of-this-world dressing, these Korean-inspired Roast Pork Lettuce wraps are incomparably good. No wonder they were such a hit at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and coarse salt. Rub mixture evenly over entire pork and place in baking dish.
- Roast pork 4 to 4-1/2 hours, or until tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together sugar, ginger, garlic powder, salt, rice vinegar, and lime juice. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and onion. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until evenly coated; set aside.
- Place lettuce on serving platter and top evenly with shredded pork and cabbage salad. (See Note for recommended topping.)
- These are best topped with a mixture of 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds. Just mix this well and spoon it over the cabbage salad before folding the lettuce into wraps and serving. And if not using right away, keep it chilled in the refrigerator until ready to wrap and serve!
- This recipe was inspired by the South Korea kiosk at the 2014 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.