The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Italian Easter Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 slice
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Whether you serve this for Easter brunch or with the big meal, get ready for all sorts of "oohs" and "aahs," 'cause this Italian Easter Pie is really impressive. It's basically a quiche-like pie that's studded with chopped Italian meats. It's an Italian tradition, and a pretty tasty one at that! The best thing about this tasty dish is not it is filling and savory, making it perfect for big and small Easter get togethers. Your relative (Italian or not) will love this traditional Italian Easter meat pie.
What You'll Need
- 2 (9-inch) rolled refrigerated pie crusts (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup chopped genoa salami
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni slices
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep cake pan, pressing crust firmly bottom and up sides of cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and pepper. Add ricotta and mozzarella cheese; mix well. Stir in ham, salami, and pepperoni until thoroughly combined. Pour into pan, then cover with remaining pie crust and pinch edges together to seal; then, flute. Using a knife, cut 4 (1-inch) slits in top.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush top of crust with egg wash. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden-brown. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Easter Pie - A Tasty Italian Tradition
Easter pie recipes vary from family to family! Traditionally, an Easter pie will be chock full of italian meats and cheeses. Also known as pizza rustica, this scrumptious dish is traditionally served at noon on the day before Easter to celebrate the end of Lent. Many families serve it on Easter Day, as well! Consider adding it to your family tradition.
If you like this recipe, then we suggest you check out the ideas we've got for an Easy Easter Dinner Menu!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!