Shortcut Sausage Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oh no, Thanksgiving dinner is almost ready and you've forgotten to make the stuffing! Good thing you've got this recipe for Shortcut Sausage Stuffing. This stuffing beats out-of-the-box mixes, and is ready for eating alongside the big bird in less than one hour. Now that's the "stuff" dreams are made of!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen garlic bread
- 1 pound refrigerated pork sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen pepper, celery, onion vegetable combination, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups warm chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions; let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch chunks and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until brown and crumbly, stirring occasionally. Add sausage to bread chunks.
- Add vegetables, chicken broth, and sage to sausage mixture; mix well. Place in baking dish and cover.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until heated through.
Feel free to use your favorite vegetable medley. Any combination will work just fine!