Apple Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, we can simply open up a can and serve processed baked beans that heat in minutes, but nothing is better or more comforting than homemade slow-cooked baked beans made with molasses and studded with chopped apples.
What You'll Need
- 2 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large apple, cored and diced (see Options)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Pour into baking dish and bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
Use your favorite type of apple, peeled or not -- the choices are yours.