Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Apple Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, we can simply open up a can and serve processed baked beans that heat in minutes, but nothing is better or more comforting than homemade slow-cooked baked beans made with molasses and studded with chopped apples.
What You'll Need
- 2 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large apple, cored and diced (see Options)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Pour into baking dish and bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
Use your favorite type of apple, peeled or not -- the choices are yours.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.