Classic Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why are our Classic Mashed Potatoes the best ever? Simple, extra-creamy and easy, they cook up fresh in a snap and team with all your favorite comforting main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place potato chunks in a large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and return potatoes to pot. Place back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water is gone.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.