Rice and Asparagus Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a casserole side dish that tastes rich enough to serve for the holidays, or when you've got company coming over. Our Rice and Asparagus Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and full of fresh asparagus. It's an unforgettable side dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cleaned, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine rice, salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, sour cream, milk, and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Spoon half of rice mixture into prepared baking pan. Arrange three-quarters of asparagus on top, then spoon remaining rice mixture over asparagus. Top with remaining asparagus.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake and additonal 5 minutes.
If you loved this simple asparagus recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Amazing Recipes for Asparagus: 13 Baked Asparagus Recipes, Roasted Asparagus Recipes, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 240
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 40 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 23 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 339mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.