Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Ask anyone - there's nothing like homemade, hand-cut french fries. In fact, that's how they're made in many upscale restaurants. With our recipe for Pommes Frites (that's French for "french fries") you can chow down on great-tasting french fries anytime you want.
What You'll Need
- 5 large baking potatoes with skin on, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch sticks
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Add ice and let sit 30 minutes.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Make sure the pot is not filled more than 1/3 with oil.
- Drain potatoes and place on paper towels; pat dry. Carefully place potatoes in oil and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender, turning occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove fries to a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The ice water makes the french fries crisp when cooked!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.