Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Ask anyone - there's nothing like homemade, hand-cut french fries. In fact, that's how they're made in many upscale restaurants. With our recipe for Pommes Frites (that's French for "french fries") you can chow down on great-tasting french fries anytime you want.
What You'll Need
- 5 large baking potatoes with skin on, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch sticks
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Add ice and let sit 30 minutes.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Make sure the pot is not filled more than 1/3 with oil.
- Drain potatoes and place on paper towels; pat dry. Carefully place potatoes in oil and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender, turning occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove fries to a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The ice water makes the french fries crisp when cooked!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.