Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our favorite kind of dish is one that pleases the eyes as well as the tummy. This Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins certainly does both because it has so many warm flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and wine.
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add onion, increase heat to medium high, and cook until tender; stirring constantly. Add rice; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add broth,water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Drain raisins, discarding liquid; stir raisins into rice mixture. Add almonds and parsley; stir well and serve.
We like to cook the rice in chicken broth to give it more flavor and add toasted almonds and parsley for variety. The raisins are plumped by sitting in the wine or chicken broth, so you don't want to leave that step out, or you'll have dry, chewy raisins.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.