Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our favorite kind of dish is one that pleases the eyes as well as the tummy. This Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins certainly does both because it has so many warm flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and wine.
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add onion, increase heat to medium high, and cook until tender; stirring constantly. Add rice; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add broth,water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Drain raisins, discarding liquid; stir raisins into rice mixture. Add almonds and parsley; stir well and serve.
We like to cook the rice in chicken broth to give it more flavor and add toasted almonds and parsley for variety. The raisins are plumped by sitting in the wine or chicken broth, so you don't want to leave that step out, or you'll have dry, chewy raisins.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!