Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Garlic Skillet Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add rice, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add salad dressing and mix until heated through. Serve immediately.
- If you want this a bit more creamy, add an additional 1/4 cup ranch dressing. (You know, the secret ingredient!) And you can try any of the ranch dressing flavors like Caesar ranch, peppercorn ranch, or others -- they'll all work.
- We've got another tasty rice dish we think you'll love -- give our Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins a try!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 331
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.2g 10 %
- Cholesterol 3.7mg 1 %
- Sodium 600mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!