Garlic Skillet Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add rice, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add salad dressing and mix until heated through. Serve immediately.
- If you want this a bit more creamy, add an additional 1/4 cup ranch dressing. (You know, the secret ingredient!) And you can try any of the ranch dressing flavors like Caesar ranch, peppercorn ranch, or others -- they'll all work.
- We've got another tasty rice dish we think you'll love -- give our Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins a try!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 331
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.2g 10 %
- Cholesterol 3.7mg 1 %
- Sodium 600mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)