Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Hash Brown Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thanks to some convenient shortcuts, like frozen, shredded potatoes, and canned soup, you can enjoy this Hash Brown Casserole quicker than ever! You'll especially love how crispy and delicious it looks when it comes out of the oven.
What You'll Need
- 2 (16-ounce) packages refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed if frozen
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, remove foil, and continue to bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For a bit of extra flavor, brown the potatoes 4 to 5 minutes in some hot vegetable oil before combining with other ingredients.
- This recipe is adapted from the Fried and True Cookbook.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!