Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Hash Brown Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thanks to some convenient shortcuts, like frozen, shredded potatoes, and canned soup, you can enjoy this Hash Brown Casserole quicker than ever! You'll especially love how crispy and delicious it looks when it comes out of the oven.
What You'll Need
- 2 (16-ounce) packages refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed if frozen
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, remove foil, and continue to bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For a bit of extra flavor, brown the potatoes 4 to 5 minutes in some hot vegetable oil before combining with other ingredients.
- This recipe is adapted from the Fried and True Cookbook.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"