We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Ireland, this potato dish is known as Champ. Here at home, we'll feel like champs when we serve these easy-to-make mashed potatoes that get their "Irish" from the flavorful scallions in every bite.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup milk
- 8 to 10 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Reduce heat to low, stir in scallions, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add milk mixture to potatoes then add butter and salt. Mash with a potato masher or an electric mixer until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
For more information about Ireland, visit www.discoverireland.com/us
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 297
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 910mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.3g 29 %
- Sugars 5.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!