Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mashed Potato Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a variation on our traditional stuffing. Is it stuffing or potatoes? It's both! Our Mashed Potato Stuffing is a real treat, 'cause it'll please everyone!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (14-ounce package contains 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes and baking powder. Add stuffing mix, parsley, and black pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; add onion, celery, and garlic, and saute 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Add vegetable mixture and chicken broth to potato and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place in casserole dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Whether you use the homemade or instant mashed potatoes, there's no need to add salt.
- For more tasty ideas, check out our collection of Homemade Stuffing Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 574
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 1,927mg 80 %
- Total Carbohydrates 104g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!