Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Dutch Treat: Funchi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bacon bits, black-eyed peas and brown sugar give Funchi a rich, savory-sweet flavor. This recipe may contain Deep-South flavor, but it's an old European treat!
What You'll Need
- 1 can (15-ounces) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 can (3-ounces) real bacon bits
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
What to Do
- Coat a 2-quart bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the cornmeal; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Gradually stir in the cornmeal and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is very stiff and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Pour into the prepared bowl.
- Cover the bowl for a few minutes with a serving plate, then invert onto the plate. Slice, and serve warm.