German Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 to 8 pancakes
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
We use real potatoes in our German Potato Pancakes to make sure we get that classic potato pancake taste we know and love. Whether you serve these up for a family breakfast or serve 'em on the side of dinner, we know the gang'll go crazy for them!
What You'll Need
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
Coarsely grate the potatoes and put them and the onion in a strainer. Press down with the back of a large spoon to extract excess moisture. (If they're still watery, wrap them in a clean dish towel and squeeze to extract moisture.)
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and egg; mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 inch oil. Using about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake, add batter to the hot oil, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden; turn and fry an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Add more oil as needed until all batter is used. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.