Herbed Au Gratin Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to make an impressive potato side dish for the holidays? Make these Herbed Au Gratin Potatoes! This recipe features sliced potatoes layered with lots cheese, spices, onion, and cream. We even use fresh thyme to give this an extra-special holiday taste. Your guests will fall in love with these au gratin potatoes from the very first bite.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stem removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds baking potatoes (about 4 large) peeled and thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and butter; toss until evenly coated. Arrange 1/4 of the potato slices in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons onion and 1/4 cup cheese mixture over potatoes. Arrange another single layer of potatoes followed by 2 tablespoons onion and 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Drizzle 1/2 of heavy cream over cheese mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times ending with heavy cream.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Serve immediately.
- To get perfect, thinly-sliced potatoes every time, we recommend you use a food processor or mandoline.
- For even more holiday-special recipes like this one, download our FREE eCookbook, Hassle-Free Holidays.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!