Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Herbed Au Gratin Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to make an impressive potato side dish for the holidays? Make these Herbed Au Gratin Potatoes! This recipe features sliced potatoes layered with lots cheese, spices, onion, and cream. We even use fresh thyme to give this an extra-special holiday taste. Your guests will fall in love with these au gratin potatoes from the very first bite.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stem removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds baking potatoes (about 4 large) peeled and thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and butter; toss until evenly coated. Arrange 1/4 of the potato slices in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons onion and 1/4 cup cheese mixture over potatoes. Arrange another single layer of potatoes followed by 2 tablespoons onion and 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Drizzle 1/2 of heavy cream over cheese mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times ending with heavy cream.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Serve immediately.
- To get perfect, thinly-sliced potatoes every time, we recommend you use a food processor or mandoline.
- For even more holiday-special recipes like this one, download our FREE eCookbook, Hassle-Free Holidays.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.