Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our recipe for Irish Potatoes is a twist on an old favorite called Irish Champ. Instead of combining mashed potatoes with scallions, we combined these with shredded cabbage, making it the perfect side dish to go along with your corned beef!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add cabbage, water, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 5 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and mix just until combined; serve.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out another Irish favorite, like our Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!