Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What exactly is Spanish Rice, you say? Well, we'll tell you one thing: it's certainly delicious! Spanish rice uses some of our favorite vegetables and seasonings to turn an ordinary side dish recipe into something that could truly steal the show at any dinner menu. Want to try adding a couple of different spice? No problem! It's your recipe; make it your own!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (see Note)
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
What To Do:
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and green pepper, cooking until meat is browned; drain liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
For a lighter recipe, you can substitute ground turkey or veal for the beef.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?