Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Tex Mex Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Baked potatoes have always been a popular standard. And now that Tex-Mex food has become so popular everywhere, why not enjoy that bang-up flavor in a potato side dish or main course.
What You'll Need
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and pierced with a fork
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounjces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 scallion, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut a slit in the top of each. Squeeze the ends together, forming pockets. Spoon 1/4 cup of the cottage cheese mixture into each potato. Sprinkle evenly with the Cheddar cheese and top each potato with salsa and chopped scallion. Serve immediately.
For faster baked potatoes, you could "bake" them in your microwave, according to the manufacturers' directions.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 348
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 35 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 708mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.5g 38 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.