Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce is a perfect go-along with anything from pork chops to potato pancakes! Or, for a yummy snack, you can have a bowl on its own! The best part? This homemade chunky applesauce is budget friendly! Especially when apples are in season. Yum!
What You'll Need
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks (See tip)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until desired texture, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Allow applesauce to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- I think this works out best if you use a variety of apples. You see, the mixture of the tart and sweet apples adds a depth to the applesauce that makes it really stand out.
- We know you're gonna love this homemade applesauce recipe! For more delicious dinner ideas, check out our Pork Chops & Applesauce (and get a glance at Christopher Knight, who played Peter Brady!)
- Not sure how to core an apple? No problem! Go ahead and check out Howard as he shows you How to Core an Apple!
Did you know that applesauce was taken along on America's first orbit around the moon? That's pretty awesome. Also, applesauce has been known to aid in digestion. No wonder they say it can keep the doctor away!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more tasty sides, download our free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!