Pork Chops & Applesauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops & Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)
What You'll Need
- 8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- PORK CHOPS
- 4 shoulder pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, bring apples, sugar and water to a boil. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg; reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish, then dredge pork chops in flour to coat completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add pork chops and cook 4 minutes per side or until browned. Add onions and cook pork chops an additional 10 minutes or to desired doneness, turning them once during cooking. Serve pork chops with applesauce.
This recipe is inspired by the retro TV show, The Brady Bunch. In an episode titled, "The Personality Kid," Peter Brady tries to create a new personality for himself. The episode's most famous line? "Porkchops and applesauce" in Peter's best Humphrey Bogart voice.
Want more of Howard and Christopher Knight? Check out the exclusive behind the scenes footage we have here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 590
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 9.0g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 20g 39 %
- Cholesterol 79mg 26 %
- Sodium 163mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 96g 32 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 78g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.