Pushcart Onion Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pushcart Onion Sauce is an easy version of the traditional hot dog topping that's served up at New York City hot dog stands. Take your taste buds to the Big Apple with the very first bite!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, cut in half then into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; add onions and saute 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and limp.
- Add ketchup, chili powder, cinnamon, salt, and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Stir in water and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 8 to10 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- This is really great spooned over cooked hot dogs, but try it with other foods, too, and watch how fast they disappear!
- And if you're looking for some more great baseball recipes, check out our collection of Top 14 Amazing Hot Dog Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 204
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 479mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)