Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spruce up your hot dogs with a savory topping that's really yummy and comes together in no time. Our Old Time Hot Dog Sauce is beefy, flavorful, and all-American. It's just what your hot dogs need to take them from ordinary to extraordinary!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté ground beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, or until heated through and well combined, stirring occasionally.
- All that's missing is a big bowl of our cool and crunchy coleslaw!
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
- Different parts of the country have their own special ways of serving up hot dogs. Click here to check out our City Hot Dog Guide!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 117
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 9.3g 19 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 342mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.3g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!