The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 3 3/4 cups
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
Chock-full of vegetables and fruit, this versatile Sicilian eggplant dish is hearty and healthy. We like to serve our Caponata recipe as a dip with crusty bread or as a relish with fish or meat.
What You'll Need
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Rome apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely choppedely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- Place eggplant in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and toss with salt. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes; gently toss with olive oil.
- Stir together eggplant and remaining ingredients, except vinegar, in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 6 hours, or until apples are tender. Stir in vinegar. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series © Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
Jun 06, 2016
Made this last night and absolutely loved it! I left out the capers, since I'm not a fan, but that didn't change how great this caponata tasted. It was really easy to make too. Just chop everything up and throw it into the slow cooker. Plus, my house smelled really good!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing like homemade pierogies! With a flavor-packed potato filling, tender homemade dough, and sweet caramelized onions, it's no wonder why this Polish recipe has become so popular throughout the world. Once you try our Old-Fashioned Pierogies, we're sure you'll fall in love!