We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 3/4 cups
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
Chock-full of vegetables and fruit, this versatile Sicilian eggplant dish is hearty and healthy. We like to serve our Caponata recipe as a dip with crusty bread or as a relish with fish or meat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Rome apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely choppedely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
What To Do:
- Place eggplant in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and toss with salt. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes; gently toss with olive oil.
- Stir together eggplant and remaining ingredients, except vinegar, in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 6 hours, or until apples are tender. Stir in vinegar. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!