Spinach Salad Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Those sun-loving folks in California love salad and this dressing is a big favorite. (I'm not from California, but it happens to be one of my favorites, too!)
What You'll Need
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
What to Do
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients; heat over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Use immediately or store the unused dressing, covered, in the refrigerator. Simply reheat when ready to use. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.
- This is especially good served warm over a salad of fresh spinach leaves, mushrooms, hard-boiled eggs, and bacon (or bacon bits). Always put your dressing on at the last minute so the spinach stays crispy.
- Interested in more recipes like this Spinach Salad Dressing? Then check out our collection of homemade salad dressings!