Baked Stuffed Tuna Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a unique take on traditional tuna salad sandwiches, try our Baked Stuffed Tuna Sandwiches. Make 'em with one big bread loaf that you stuff before heating then just slice and serve. It couldn't be easier to make a bunch of sandwiches at once!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) can chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) loaf rye or pumpernickel bread, unsliced (see Options)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread; mix well and set aside.
- Make 11 crosswise cuts in the bread at even intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom of the loaf and making sure not to cut all the way through. Fill spaces between every other cut with equal amounts of tuna mixture.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Unwrap, slice completely through unfilled cuts, and serve warm.
This can be made with either long or round pumpernickel bread, or with rye, seven-grain, or any other whole firm loaf.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Roast Pork Sandwiches
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli