Greek Fish Pitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This twist on a classic gyro will have your taste buds dancing after just one bite. Our Greek Fish Pitas only takes 10 minutes and is an easy fish recipe that is perfect for dinner any night of the week!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chunked
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia or catfish, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
What to Do
In a food processor or blender, lightly pulse yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, leaving mixture chunky. Refrigerate tzatziki sauce until ready to use.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle fish with remaining salt, pepper, and the oregano. Add fish to skillet, and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Pour remaining lemon juice over fish about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time; remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Open each pita pocket and, distributing evenly, fill with lettuce, tomato, and fish. Top with tzatziki sauce and olives; serve immediately.
If you love the flavors of Greek food as much as we do, be sure to try our Easy Moussaka!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.