Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you get when you pair BBQ-smothered, juicy chicken thighs with homemade coleslaw, and place it between the buns of a crusty roll? Just the most incredible Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich you've ever tasted! This sandwich is summer spectacular!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 kaiser or potato rolls, cut in half and toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken and onion 12 to 15 minutes, or until onion begins to brown. Stir in barbecue sauce, water, and brown sugar, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred chicken by pulling it apart. Return chicken to skillet and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Over medium heat, cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine coleslaw, oil, vinegar, granulated sugar, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly over rolls, top with coleslaw, and serve.
Wanna give this a rich, smoky flavor? Cook it or reheat it in a cast iron skillet on the grill. It's perfect for summer entertaining!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!