Bountiful Beef Melt
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a big sandwich...Bountiful Beef Melt is big on size and big on taste. Why, there's enough here to feed the whole gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup garlic butter (see Note)
- 6 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread each half of the bread equally with garlic butter. Layer bottom half of loaf with 3 slices of provolone cheese then alternately layer with all the roast beef and tomato slices. Cover with remaining 3 slices of provolone cheese and replace top of bread.
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour, or until heated through and the cheese melts. Remove from oven, unwrap, and use a serrated knife to cut. Serve immediately.
You can buy garlic butter in the refrigerated section of your supermarket, or make your own by adding chopped garlic or garlic powder to softened butter.