We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not all burritos are filled with a mixture containing either meat or chicken. Take this one, for instance. It's brimming with rice, beans, and a whole lot of flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (see Note)
- 1 medium-sized ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, beans, tomato, salsa, and onion powder over medium heat. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat and add cheese; mix well.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly onto center of tortillas and top each with 1/4 cup lettuce. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over bean mixture then fold both sides over, envelope-fashion. Fold top closed and turn seam-sides down. Serve immediately.
Red beans, black beans, pinto beans...in this recipe, you can use whichever beans are your favorites.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.