Soft Pretzel Reuben
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a way to celebrate National Pretzel Day, look no further! Jump on the pretzel bread bandwagon and give our Soft Pretzel Reuben a shot. Betcha never thought it would be this easy to make your own homemade soft pretzels, huh? Well, it is! For everyone who loves a good pretzel, this recipe is a must have.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 pound sliced deli corned beef
- 1 (8-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 24-inch rope, form into a pretzel shape, and place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg white and water; brush over top of each pretzel. Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and bake pretzels 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly then slice in half horizontally.
- Evenly spread mustard on both halves of pretzel buns. Layer bottom half of pretzels with corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese, distributing evenly. Place on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with remaining pretzel halves, and serve.
Check This Out!
- There are so many good things you can do with bread dough! We suggest you try our yummy Pinata Bread for some grateful Olés!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Black Angus Steak Sandwich
- Open Faced Avocado Sandwiches
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Spinach and Artichoke Calzones