Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is the closest you can get to "the real thing" without taking a trip to the City of Brotherly Love! This traditional Philly Cheese Steak recipe is melt-in-your mouth delicious and takes just 10 minutes to make. In fact, this is one of our best sandwich recipes, since you can never go wrong with a classic cheese steak sandwich!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds beef top round, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onions, and saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until onions are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with salt and black pepper; saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Transfer to a cutting board and cut steak into very thin strips, almost shaved.
- Place steak on hoagie rolls, top with onions and drizzle with melted cheese, serve Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches immediately.
The easiest way to get thinly sliced beef top round is to ask the butcher at the supermarket to do it for you.
Did You Know? The Philly Cheese Steak is one of the most debated sandwiches in the U.S.! Not only do folks get pretty heated about who makes the best Philly Cheese Steaks in Philadelphia, but there is also a lot of debate about what ingredients go into an authentic cheesesteak. For example, in the case of the cheese, some like theirs with American or provolone, while others believe that a truly authentic sandwich should be made with Cheez Whiz. Then, there's the bread - it's pretty agreed upon that it should never be toasted. And when it comes to add-ons, that's a whole other discussion! Common toppings include onions, peppers, and mushrooms. No matter where you stand on this debate, we hope you'll give our version a try (and tweak to your liking!) as we know you're going to love them!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.