Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is the closest you can get to "the real thing" without taking a trip to the city! This traditional recipe is melt-in-your mouth delicious and takes just 10 minutes to make.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds beef top round, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onions, and saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until onions are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with salt and black pepper; saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Transfer to a cutting board and cut steak into very thin strips, almost shaved.
- Place steak on hoagie rolls, top with onions and drizzle with melted cheese, serve Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches immediately.
The easiest way to get thinly sliced beef top round is to ask the butcher at the supermarket to do it for you.
Did You Know? The Philly Cheese Steak is one of the most debated sandwiches in the U.S.! Not only do folks get pretty heated about who makes the best Philly Cheese Steaks in Philadelphia, but there is also a lot of debate about what ingredients go into an authentic cheesesteak. For example, in the case of the cheese, some like theirs with American or provolone, while others believe that a truly authentic sandwich should be made with Cheez Whiz. Then, there's the bread - it's pretty agreed upon that it should never be toasted. And when it comes to add-ons, that's a whole other discussion! Common toppings include onions, peppers, and mushrooms. No matter where you stand on this debate, we hope you'll give our version a try (and tweak to your liking!) as we know you're going to love them!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!