Italian Layered Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want an easy dinner recipe that's as simple as layering ingredients? This is it! Serve this hot family sandwich of ham, salami, provolone and basil stacked in a hollowed-out round loaf of sourdough bread, and you'll be the hit of the dinner table!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 8 fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a horizontal slice off top of bread loaf then scoop out center of bread, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around inside of shell.
- Brush inside of shell and inside of bread top with Italian dressing. Layer shell with basil leaves, 2 slices provolone cheese, roasted peppers, ham, salami, tomato, and remaining 2 slices of cheese.
- Replace bread top; wrap sandwich in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove foil, slice sandwich into wedges, and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 766
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42g 65 %
- Saturated Fat 21g 104 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 46g 93 %
- Cholesterol 120mg 40 %
- Sodium 2,365mg 99 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!