We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We could almost guarantee you've never had quesadillas like this before! They're great as an appetizer, snack, for lunch or anytime! (And check out our tips for slicing poblano chilies.)
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large mild poblano chilies, thinly sliced (see Tip)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup natural rice vinegar
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, chili powder, and salt over high heat. Add the chilies and onion, and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice vinegar; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until the vinegar evaporates. Remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet, and preheat over high heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on the tortilla then spoon 1/4 of the chile and onion mixture over the cheese. When cheese is soft, fold the tortilla over in half and cook until the cheese is completely melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Slice and serve.
Here's how to slice the chilies: Cut off stems, cut chilies in half lengthwise, remove seeds then slice chilies into 1/4-inch strips.
Recipe courtesy of Mizkan Americas, Inc.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!