The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook
Lamb Kebab Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
I used to shape these on skewers to make traditional kebabs, until I tried making them into sandwiches and decided I liked them this way even better! Oh...I can still call 'em kebabs, can't I?
What You'll Need
- 1 large cucumber, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (6- to 8-inch) pitas
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well, cover, and chill for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the pitas; mix well. Roll the meat mixture into 2-inch meatballs and place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Flatten the meatballs with the palm of your hand and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lamb is no longer pink.
- Cut the pitas in half and open the pockets. Place 1 to 2 lamb patties inside each pita pocket and serve with the cucumber sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Braised Mediterranean Beef
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!