Lamb Kebab Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I used to shape these on skewers to make traditional kebabs, until I tried making them into sandwiches and decided I liked them this way even better! Oh...I can still call 'em kebabs, can't I?
What You'll Need
- 1 large cucumber, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (6- to 8-inch) pitas
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well, cover, and chill for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the pitas; mix well. Roll the meat mixture into 2-inch meatballs and place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Flatten the meatballs with the palm of your hand and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lamb is no longer pink.
- Cut the pitas in half and open the pockets. Place 1 to 2 lamb patties inside each pita pocket and serve with the cucumber sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!