Sausage Stuffed French Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Impress 'em with French bread that's hollowed out and stuffed with a savory mixture of sausage, beef, and cheese. Yum-my!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf unsliced French bread
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
What to Do
- Cut off ends of loaf; discard or set ends aside for another use. Hollow out center of loaf with a long serrated knife, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Process bread, removed from inside of loaf, in a food processor to make coarse crumbs. Set bread shell and crumbs aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook sausage, beef, and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until the meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup reserved breadcrumbs, the cheese, and the next 6 ingredients; stir well. Spoon meat mixture into bread shell.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add garlic; cook about 1 minute. Brush butter mixture over loaf. Wrap loaf in aluminum foil, leaving open slightly on top; place loaf on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until loaf is heated and cheese melts. Cut into 4 pieces.