Sausage Stuffed Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This sausage-stuffed sandwich loaf screams out to be served at just about any type of sports party. It's a hearty and tasty sandwich that's crunchy outside and gooey inside.
What You'll Need
- 1 one-pound loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic, minced
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Hollow out the center of each loaf half, leaving two 1/2-inch-thick shells; set aside the bread shells.
- Place the bread from inside the shells in a food processor and process into coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until crumbly and browned; drain well. Stir in 1 cup coarse bread crumbs, the mozzarella cheese, parsley, mustard, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well then spoon the mixture down the center of one bread shell. Place the other bread shell on top.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute then brush over the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil, leaving the foil open slightly on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Mr. Food Monte Cristo
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese