We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Transform your kitchen into a seaside restaurant by making this easy recipe for Clams Pomodoro. We added just a few simple ingredients, like tomatoes and basil to make these clams taste extra-special.
What You'll Need
- 2 dozens clams
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped, with juice reserved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients, including reserved juice from tomatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until clams open. Do not overcook. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Place clams in a large bowl or individual bowls and serve.
A clam should not be eaten if its shell is still tightly closed after cooking. The shell should open widely on its own during cooking. If it doesn't, be safe and toss it!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).