We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Transform your kitchen into a seaside restaurant by making this easy recipe for Clams Pomodoro. We added just a few simple ingredients, like tomatoes and basil to make these clams taste extra-special.
What You'll Need
- 2 dozens clams
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped, with juice reserved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients, including reserved juice from tomatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until clams open. Do not overcook. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Place clams in a large bowl or individual bowls and serve.
A clam should not be eaten if its shell is still tightly closed after cooking. The shell should open widely on its own during cooking. If it doesn't, be safe and toss it!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!