Scallops 'n' Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Scallops 'n' Mushrooms is an easy skillet meal that tastes company fancy, but is quick to prepare any time. Bay scallops and fresh veggies cook up fast in this colorful and flavorful meal that tastes like a trip to the seashore.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic, and saute 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Reserve 1/4 cup chicken broth. Add broccoli, bell pepper, and remaining chicken broth to skillet; mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add scallops and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until scallops are firm and white.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, and reserved chicken broth until smooth; stir into skillet and cook 1 minute, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
We have lots more easy scallop and shellfish recipes for you!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!