We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Coconut Shrimp recipe will take your taste buds to the tropics! It has a restaurant-worthy crispy, sweet coating sure to satisfy your crunch cravings!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, sugar, ground red pepper, and salt; mix well. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs and water. Place coconut in another shallow dish.
- Coat shrimp with flour mixture then with egg mixture. Roll in coconut, pressing coconut firmly onto shrimp to coat completely.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook shrimp in batches for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Don't Go Nuts Opening Your Coconut
- Did you know an easy way to break open a coconut is with a clean screwdriver? Just punch holes in the coconut's three eyes, drain the liquid, bang the coconut with a hammer, and voila! Fresh coconut!
- Looking for even more easy fish recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Gone Fishin': 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!