The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Mouthwatering Crab Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside...these are exactly the way we want 'em!
What You'll Need
- 3 (4 ¼-ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat, 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs, butter, 2 eggs, celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 crab cakes, using about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each.
- In a shallow dish, beat the remaining egg with a fork. Place the remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the crab cakes in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Cook the crab cakes in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 dozen.
Although many restaurants in the South serve these with a spicy sauce, I think they're best served plain so you can really taste the crab.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.